Monday, June 18, 2012

Our trip is over and we are home!


It was a wonderful trip out west and so glad that we decided on the spur of the moment to load up the car and go.   The amazing country we live in should be explored by all.  I never realized what I had been missing until traveling out there.  I know there is so much more to see and I hope Tom and I can continue our traveling.  Right now we are seriously thinking of heading to Nova Scotia next summer, ok brother?!   We had become in a rut of traveling just to the coast to the beach.  Driving other places means more gas and more time in a car but to see the beauty of the mountains out west, the Great Plains, and the farmland of Iowa is awesome.  As I am typing this I am listening to a song called Symphony, and it says "stand in awe" of the Lord and his creation.  That I believe is what Tom and I did this week as we looked out over the Black Hills, the prairie of Custer State Park, and even the twists and turns and peaks of Needles Highway!  (Sorry no pictures of that since Tom was in a panic of the height of it all and I was concentrating on staying on the road!!!) We were blessed to be able to take this trip and spend some precious time together.  Now as we are home and back to the craziness of life, we are more thankful for each other and this great place we live!! I hope that as get back into our routine I hope we remember the vastness of the prairie and the beauty of the Black Hills and even the strange beauty of the Badlands.  I guess you could use them all in an analogy of life.  We have the peaks and beauty of the Black Hills.  We have the desolation of the Badlands.  We have the vastness of God's love like the prairie.  All in our lives, the peaks and the valleys, the beauty and the "ugly" of life but GOD is there through it all!  Thank goodness for that!  There is always a light at the end of the tunnel even in the Black Hills and most certainly in our lives!


No comments:

Post a Comment